Control Left Arrow not Firing to Move Spaces

Hi:

I’m listening to the awesome MacSparky Field Guide to Keyboard Maestro; thank you for the link to this incredible resource!

I bought the Stream Deck M2 because it was spoken so highly of. Finding the plugin took a little work (maybe you would like to suggest putting a link to it in the Field Guide???), but eventually all went well. The button setup

went fine following the clear directions, but when all is said and done it doesn’t work. If you get a chance, would you be able to look at my setup and tell me what stupid mistake I’ve made?

No time urgency on this.

Thank you very much! Tom

cid460362*image001.png@01D85A12.50AF8160

cid460362*image002.png@01D85A12.50AF8160

The macro is supposed to type Control Left Arrow and move the Spaces on my screen one to the left.

I just learned about the awesome interactive help feature; what a gem!

Attached are a bunch of screenshots. Accessibility was toggled. The macro fires from Stream Deck; it just doesn't do what it is supposed to. Same thing with the "Try" command. Everything works fine when I hit the Control-Left Arrow keys directly.

Thanks!!!
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 07.43.11
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 07.51.15
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 07.51.39
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 07.52.41
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 07.53.44

Welcome back to the forum!

Firstly, I recommend using KMLink rather than the stock Elgato plugin. The only exception is when you want to dynamically set the button icons from Keyboard Maestro. There are numerous advantages, which will become apparent once you start using it.

I can't see anything wrong with your setup from the screenshots you've posted, although I'm not sure why you're using Keyboard Maestro at all when the Stream Deck can trigger hotkeys natively.

If there's a reason you do want to use Keyboard Maestro for this, you might like to look at this thread about navigating Spaces, which is pretty comprehensive:

Many thanks for sharing your expertise!!!

Will try KMLink.

The thread you reference has lots of great info in it; when things calm down, I’ll play with it.

Take care