Copy as Markdown Link

You are talking about a client application (perhaps an Electron app) supplied by Roam ?

That would need a sub-macro of its own.

Not something that I'm using myself, but If you want to point me to it, I might be able to take a look later in the week, or at the weekend.

( Electron apps can tend to be a bit opaque to macOS scripting )

Keyboard Maestro Forum has the exact same option to create a Chrome app.

Chrome App as in:

[Google is finally killing off Chrome apps](https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/15/21067907/google-chrome-apps-end-support-lune-windows-macos-linux)

?

Looks a long shot, I'm afraid. This approach needs macOS apps with predictable bundleIDs, and that technology seems to rely on bundleID scrambling ...

Never mind. It is not that important. I will default to using the browser itself more.

Good to know.

Could you maybe add one for Notion?

Just a Note, maybe it will be of some use:
Cmd + L gets the link for the page but gets the link in form of "https" if you change https with "notion" it becomes a link for notion, as mentioned in the blog post:

Not something that I use, personally, but there again – its another Electron app, so a bit beyond the fringes of macOS scriptability.

1 Like

@ComplexPoint is there a way to not have the keyboard maestro icon pop up on the dock every time one activates the cmd+opt+m?

Not seeing that here ... or even quite sure that I know what that would look like.

(I personally make little use of the dock, mine is collapsed away to one side, and it shows only running apps even when I expand it)

Does this ring a bell with anyone else ?

basically what happens is that the icon pops up as if the maestro editor got turned on. I was wondering if there was a way to not have the dock icon pop up (only menu bar icon). I like to have my dock only use opened windows.

Added a sub-macro for:

• com.lukilabs.lukiapp

to extend the Copy as MD Link macro to work with:

(updated original macro group above, and a copy is also kept on Github)

[RobTrew/copy-as-md-link](https://github.com/RobTrew/copy-as-md-link )

It is also not the case with me. No popping on dock nor opening of KM in dock.

that's odd, it happens to me every single time, is there a setting you have on

No. Didn't change anything for it. It was like this out of the box.

Came across this app today. Havent had the time to check it out yet but it looks interesting.

It's an interesting project – probably worth trying out.

Mileage will vary, but I personally dropped my use of Hook, (after trying it for a while, and making a few contributions to its link scripts), and preferred to use KM because:

• from KM I can get the link I want with a single keystroke, whereas Hook (which generates proprietary urls), still has a UI which I find slightly fiddly.
  • Hook uses a subscription model.
  • Adding a new application-specific sub-macro to KM is very quick, whereas Hook has a slower turnaround time, and fewer built-in tools (KM Actions) to build an app-specific 'Copy as Markdown' from.
4 Likes

I agree that it is an interesting project. However, the most important thing for me is the ability to copy page links from the DEVONthink, which Hook still has not resolved

(Create Hook URLs for a specific PDF page in DEVONthink - #6 by LucB - Share Hookmark automation - Hookmark Forum)

And thanks to you @ComplexPoint I am able to do it with KM. Cheers!

Yeah definitely a single keystroke is much more efficient – and I have also created another Macro that pastes the link to the last active application, which is efficiently possible because KM can wait exactly the till the first macro finished after starting another.

This maybe is easy for you @ComplexPoint as I myself am not an advanced KM user. However, I thought maybe someone reading this could benefit from it.

:smiley: This is rather complicated for me. I looked at the macros for different apps to see whether they all have the same structure. But as far as I could tell they are not.

I would happily watch a walkthrough video of you making one while commenting. If you ever you were to make one. :+1:

I am trying to put a space before the output, which doesnt seem to work.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 03.58.05

Correction on the Screenshot : Outside the paranthesis should be "doesn't work"

Hey Orkhan,

We need to see how you're doing your output to figure this out.

-Chris

1 Like

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the input.

MD Link tools Macros.kmmacros (349.3 KB)

This is the Macro group.

In my case "Copy as Markdown link" calls specifically "com.devon-technologies.think3"

a space before the output

Could you show us an example of what you are aiming for ?

Show always works much better than tell : -)

Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 02.32.33