Copy as Markdown Link

Just used with Obsidian and I get an error about Window Name and Vault name not matching.

Can you pm me with details of window name and path ?

(a screenshot might help, too)

1. Does Obsidian have an option defining the composition of a window title ?
  2. Does full screen view affect the picture ?
  3. Is the vault on an iCloud volume ?

OK – I think I've understood. The approach I was taking didn't account for filepaths which include a " - " substring.

What I need to do (probably not this evening now) is to parse the workspace.json file in the hidden .obsidian folder in the root of each vault.

( Electron apps don't yield to macOS scripting very willingly :slight_smile: )

UPDATE

A simpler fix occurred to me.

I've pushed it to

in case any Obsidian users have time to test.

(you may need to regenerate again with the Update map from bundleIDs to KM UUIDs macro)

1 Like

Updated at:

to provide first support for Text Fragments in supporting browsers.

In other words, when you use the Copy As Markdown Link macro in a browser like Safari or Chrome, with some text selected in the browser, you will copy a URL with an affix enabling automatic highlighting of that text:

Not all web pages (or browsers) support Text Fragments, but those that do read any URL affix which starts with:

#:~:text=

(followed by a percent-encoded string of text which can be found somewhere on the linked page).

In the example above, "specifying a text snippet in the URL fragment" is shown in a yellow highlight because the URL has the following affix:

#:~:text=specifying%20a%20text%20snippet%20in%20the%20URL%20fragment

There is some accessible and helpful discussion here:

5 Likes

Hey Rob (@ComplexPoint) :wave:

Thanks for providing this Macro - I recently discovered that I’ve actually never downloaded a copy of this powerful tool - even though I am followed closely for updates since the first day you’ve posted it here.

Since I am building Macros that will rely on this one I would like to know if there is a way to get a copy that is compatible with KM 10.2

I don’t know if the newest feature is available - but this would be great.

If there’s nothing to it but to download it and install - it would even be nicer.

Otherwise I hope that you could provide a version that is fully backwards compatible to KM 10.2.

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Germany :de:

Tobias

I'm afraid I don't have such a thing.

Today I had a talk with another person in my contacts who also is still using KM 10.2 with MacOS Monterey on an Intel iMac like me and as I was telling him I would wait for a response from you about this Macro.

He told me to just install and use it right away because he is using it dayly for about nearly a year now and has no issues whatsoever with KM 10.2.

He uses the latest Version of your Macro.

I have now just installed the Macro. I’ll report issues as I get into them.

Greetings from Germany :de:

Tobias

1 Like