Copy cells from excel to On1 Photo Raw 2018 keywords

I saw a similar post but it was from 2015 so maybe there are new ways to make this work as I'm not able to do so.

I'm trying to copy cell content in Excel and paste it in the keyword field of a corresponding photo in Photo Raw 2018. Since Photo Raw is not scriptable, I have to use some move and Mouse click in a specific area of the main window (the add keyboard field) then paste the content of the cell from Excel. I can have from 8 to about 35 photos to do per week, so I'm trying to automate this. I've looked copying cells in one step, then using the For each action, but I can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Here's what I got so far.

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

Assuming that every cell you copy from Excel contains only a single line of text with no line breaks (otherwise the lines collection in For Each won't give you the results you want, since it will be pasting multiple lines from a single cell rather than all of the text contained in a single cell), the only major change I can see that you need to make to your macro is to replace the "custom paste with clipboard cleaning" action with an action that pastes the SingleLine variable you specified at the top of the For Each action, like this:

If you have any other actions that you're using right now to clean up the clipboard with every paste, you'll want to make sure those are added too so that the cleanup happens with every line pasted. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask; I know I certainly found For Each to have a steeper learning curve than many other KM actions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, that’s it, thanks a lot gglick! I was able to figure out the rest with this change.

1 Like