Copying tabbed list to then paste into a form

In my younger days I could sometimes 'program' things but with passage of years I find it is mostly a futile waste of time. So asking for help:

I have two fields (tab separated) like this:
ItemNum Qty
11-401 2
8-256 1
etc.

I'd like to copy each ItemNum and Qty pair, save them into variables like
Item_1 Qty_1
Item_2 Qty_2
etc.
continuing till I have 12 items.

Then I need to switch over to a small order entry form on a web page and paste in each pair. The order entry form accepts tabs all the way thru, so once I click in the first cell and start the procedure, it would work fine if it pasted the first Item, tabbed, pasted the first quantity, tabbed, and continued thru the 12 items.

How best to do this? And if there is any elegant way I'd like to know it just for the beauty of it.

Thanks VERY much in advance,
bk

Unless you need the variables for some other part of your workflow, I would NOT use variables. I'd just parse the tab-delimited data and paste directly.

I've set this up using Chrome, but you can easily change it to Safari, or even Excel (which where I tested it).

This is just an example to give you some ideas and help you get started. It is NOT a finished, well-tested Macro. I leave that up to you.

How To Use

1. Enable the COPY Action, and Disable the Set Clipboard Action
  2. Select your data (which MUST be Tab-delimited)
  3. Trigger the Macro
  4. Select the First Cell/Field where you want to start the paste process
  5. PRESS OPT-RETURN

MACRO:   Pasting Tab Delimited Data into Web Form

#### DOWNLOAD:
<a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/original/3X/f/2/f213c3b1d5589de138136009c0a41402a236c343.kmmacros">Pasting Tab Delimited Data into Web Form.kmmacros</a> (5.6 KB)
**Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.**

---

![image|586x1533](upload://oEqLjmSBHM5DYhZiKiWv4XEp8Ph.png)
1 Like

Awesome. I only had to change the trigger keys--otherwise it worked flawlessly. I would not have figured that out on my own. Thank you!

b

1 Like