Create Macro Image for Use on the Keyboard Maestro Forum

Hey Folks,

Most of us use the built-in Share Button on the Keyboard Maestro Editor toolbar to upload macros and/or images to the Keyboard Maestro Forum.

On occasion it may be desirable to create a local image file for use in the forum or elsewhere.

That's not very convenient if you do it all by hand, but then what do we have Keyboard Maestro for? Let's use a macro.

If you select a macro the whole macro will be imaged.

If you select one or more actions it/they will be imaged.

The image file will be revealed in the Finder ready for whatever use you want to put it to.

-Chris

Copy Macro Image to Clipboard » Clipboard Image to File » Reveal Image File.kmmacros (10 KB)

3 Likes

Yes, as hard as it is to believe, I'm one of the few individuals who struggle with Keyboard Maestro. I think it may be because I got too old before I transitioned from QuicKeys.

Anyway, I'm having trouble customizing this macro. I'm currently using Big Sur.

I don't want a permanent Keyboard Maestro Folder in my Documents folder, so I tried to change the first Set Variable action so that the macro would use my Downloads folder. That's one that I check all the time, so I know what's in it, even after a long time without creating any Keyboard Maestro Stuff.

Here's the action now:

Now when I run the macro, this error appears:

New folder /Users/me/Documents/Keyboard Maestro Stuff/Screen Shots failed with error Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The file “Screen Shots” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Users/llee/Documents/Keyboard Maestro Stuff/Screen Shots, NSUnderlyingError=0x6000027fdc80 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}. Macro “Copy Macro Image to Clipboard » Clipboard Image to File » Reveal Image File” cancelled (while executing Create New Folder “%Variable%kmScreenShotFolder%”).

Please help. Thanks.

OK, I had to change both "Set Variable" actions to replace "/Documents/Keyboard Maestro Stuff/" with "/Downloads/". I think more of an explanation in the first comment might have helped. Sorry. Never mind. Thanks.

When changing variable names don't forget to search for them.

That makes it relatively easy to find all instances.

-Chris