Creating Device Key Triggers Stopped Working

I’ve been using an Ideazon Fang gaming keyboard with Keyboard Maestro to trigger all sorts of Macros to control my Mac for a few years now. It’s an old but still awesome device.

Since a few months (I’m guessing since the upgrade to KM7), I cannot create any new KM Macros anymore with device key trigger. When I try to create a device key trigger, the buttons on my Fang are ignored.

The old macros I’ve set up previously with device key triggers on my Fang keyboard continue to work, but I can’t create any new ones.

Actually, I can’t even create device key triggers with my Apple Magic Mouse anymore, as well. I’m pretty sure at least this used to work.

Please help me get my setup working again, it’s really a major pain for me.

It’s hard to say for sure.

Make sure you have accessibility enabled for Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine. If you have recently enabled accessibility or upgraded your system, then you may need to restart.

Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine both need to be running.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply.

KM and KM engine both do have accessibility enabled. System was not recently upgraded.

Is there a human-readable config file stored somewhere so that I may circumvent the KM editor GUI and perhaps my macros with a text editor?

As I said, the macros I have set up for the USB device continue to work, but I can’t create new ones with Device Key Triggers anymore.

Cheers,
Patrick

Ah, never mind, I found it: export the macro, hack it with a text editor, then re-import it…