Custom Palette Style Colors?

No, currently the Custom Palette does not have an option to allow you to specify the gradient.

That said, if you come up with a palette that you want to use and think looks nice, I can look at adding it to a future version of Keyboard Maestro and that can include a gradient.

It's possible I could add the ability to set a gradient for the background for the custom palette option in the future.

Hi Peter,

This:
Berns-iMac:~ BernsHome$ defaults write com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine CustomPaletteTheme “30,9,18, 36,3,68, 36,3,68”

Produced this:
2019-04-16 06:18:25.887 defaults[61987:13062036] Unexpected argument 36,3,68,; leaving defaults unchanged.

I started with RGB values 46,44,42 and 174,172,169 and got the HSB values from http://www.workwithcolor.com/color-converter-01.htm

Also, I only use palettes with icons so the background color is all I'm interested in. For understanding, what are the text and highlighted text elements?

Lastly, what's I'm playing with here is to get the palette color to match the Mojave dark mode Finder window frames to see it that works.

Here's hopefully some clarification:

Thoughts?

That has curly quotes in it. Straighten them:

defaults write com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine CustomPaletteTheme "30,9,18, 36,3,68, 36,3,68"

:roll_eyes::blush:

Oh, I would love to have the ability for a gray gradient. Here is a quick mockup I did to show what I was thinking....

1 Like

Much better!

I suggest a new pallet color "Mojave Night" for Mojave's Dark Mode:
"30,9,13, 36,3,68, 36,3,68"

1 Like

Done for the next version.

4 Likes

I like this ability to apply a gradient to any color.
Also, if it is not too hard... can we have an option to have text "flush left" without icon (instead of just centered text)?

Can't wait for the new version!

2 Likes

For the next version I have added an enhanced custom palette system that allows gradients for the various backgrounds.

4 Likes

:grin::+1::+1::+1:
Thank you!

1 Like

Done for the next version.

3 Likes

Under the Giv'em a inch..." banner would/have you considered radial menus? I've found a simple four finger flick up or down gesture on a trackpad (allowed for with BetterTouchTool) to trigger a palette to appear under the cursor to be an excellent experience. For example:

A next level of refinement could be altering the "Palette" / Menu of options to assume a more aesthetic and efficient arrangement. Here are some designs and links for inspiration. 20111002-221153

Animated-Circle-Menu-with-jQuery-CSS3 javascript-css-circular-menu radial-context-menu-wpf_861507 portfolio-compass

http://www.jemome.com/p-radial-context-menu-861503/

I know you're not going to stop the presses and get right on this. This is just to get it into the pipeline.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Radial menus are on my radar (sorry, really pad pun). I have no current plans to implement them, but it has been something I have looked at occasionally. I have not really found a good way for them to fit within Keyboard Maestro - really they would seem to work best in a case where you have a hierarchical structure of actions you want to perform, each with level with around eight options, so that you can start the selection, then go in a direction to get to the next level, then fan out from there.

That does not seem like a natural fit for Keyboard Maestro - it is not that you could not construct such a hierarchy, but it wouldn't fall naturally out of normal macro creation.

3 Likes

You could use a 3rd party app to launch KM macros in a radial menu.

I believe that Quicksilver has a plugin for Radial Menu system. Should be able to integrate with KM quite nicely.

This one looks very interesting, but I am not sure if the developer is supporting it anymore.
http://ring-menu.com

I for one have fun with puns so I’ll run with it :wink:

Interesting direction to look from inside out. From macro creation to UI creates a UI dependency. Looking from outside in, from task to tool allows more UI flexibility and options.

Given the present “locate palette under cursor” option, would it take much to add a locate palettes with a x,y offset from cursor option? This would allow a fixed relationship of palette to cursor alleviating the disorientating spacial reshuffling that adding or deleting macros to a grid currently creates.

If that seems too chaotic, another option could be a few fixed grid options to plug individual palettes into.

Here's a thought:

Also, instead of a second ring, there could simply be one ring design of however many slots that keeps getting called when any item on the current ring is selected.

Ring-menu is not available in the US app store. I downloaded QS and the QS radial menu plugin but can't get it to open. It's from '07 and may not be working. Have you had success with it?

Thanks!

I have seen a radial menu with a Floating HTML Menu within BetterTouchTool.

With creativity and HTML, you can customize it to your needs.

1 Like

Usually I work with a vertical palette that contains sub macros @BernSh.
However, if it doesn't have to be round, a square suggestion would be :wink:

2019_06_01_Support_

@appleianer Damn fine suggestion, thank you!

I'd amend what you said to "With a certain coding understanding, creativity and HTML, you can customize it to your needs." Yes I agree. Thank you for putting the tools within reach. Excellent!!!

God, are the people here great! I am moved by the generosity demonstrated over and over again. Thank you again!

1 Like