Cycle Through Application Windows – Shortcut Can't Be Mapped as Keystroke

I can map command + section sign(key with roof/degree symbol left to 1 on german keyboard) shortcut to keystrokes but when I try to make this macro work:

the action does not get executed. The shift + command + accent shortcut is used by macos to cycle through app windows but it doesn't seem to work with KM. I've tried the trigger with other shortcuts and it works, just not with this action.

What am I doing wrong?

Looking at your screenshot it seems like you are using ⌘'(forward tick) when the actual command to cycle through App Windows is ⌘`(the back tick). That's the way it works on my UK keyboard anyway.

You're right. When I type shift + tick button, macos modifies the tick to backward tick. However setting shift + tick button as an action in KM results in forward tick and does not fire the desired macos system shortcut. Any idea how to solve this problem?

On a german keyboard backward and forward ticks are on one button which is modified by shift.

Have you tried going into Mac System Preferences→Keyboard→Shortcuts and making the shortcut to Switch Window Focus to whatever shortcut you would like? Then you wouldn’t even need to use Keyboard Maestro.

2 Likes

That worked. Thank you

2 Likes