Dad Automations

Hey Folks,

I wanted to share my Dad hacks, as I am sure many of you have done similar things.

1. I've set KM to run shortcuts in the shortcuts.app to automatically turn off the lights in a given room after xx minutes. The other evening I created shortcuts for every room in my house. Let's just say I love a smart home. I am on a mission heading into 2023 to reduce my power bill. The kids, as we all may know, turn the lights on and never turn them off. Now, I have the answer. I am anxious to see how things change over the next couple of months.

This setup is vastly superior to anything I could ever hope to accomplish on the phone and works a thousand times better. I like using shortcuts as it allows me to run them directly from the phone and KM. Most actions are set for different hours of possible use.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 11.07.19 PM

2. I'm using the Tessie app (Tesla MY), which works on M1 devices to automatically warm and cool the car just prior to my school run.

3. I'm using a Pushover plugin to remind me to give the kids their meds, and recurring school sporting events. I also prompt my teen to change his contacts monthly and many more.

Thanks for giving me a place to share and pick up new tricks, and especially for creating such a valuable tool.

• If this is not the correct place please move my post as needed and my apologies.
5 Likes