[DATE] Change Creation and/or Modification Date of Selected Finder Item

This macro no longer works for me in Catalina. It executes, but dates on folders remain unchanged while dates on non-folder items selected in Finder change to the 1st of the current month and year. Does it work for anyone else?

Sorry, since I'm running Mojave, I can't really help with Catalina, other than to suggest that it might be some type of permissions issue. You might try running the script (modified to use a manual date) in Script Editor, and see if that works.

Hi JMichael,

Just a quick question regarding this macro. I am running Monterey and am based in the UK. The script ran perfectly except for the resulting date.

I ran a test on a single document in finder, when the pop-up window presented I inputed my desired date in ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD) but the resulting date was 2033 instead of 2020. The day and month was also incorrect.

screenshot 2021.11.27.12.33.07

In the time that you last posted this macro have you by chance updated it to work on the newer OS? If not, is there a relatively simply fix you could provide?

My original intention was for KM to read the contents of the markdown document and find the date (YYYY-MM-DD) and save as a variable to change the date this way -- but this is way over my head. Thus the interest in this macro. A little more of a manual process but hopefully with your help I can get it to work.

Thank you for your time in advance, it is much appreciated as always :slight_smile:

Hey Shande,

Unfortunately JM will not be answering you – in this life at anyway.

The Passing of JMichaelTX

JMichaelTX – Unforgettable Generosity With His Time and Knowledge

-Chris

1 Like

I am very saddened to hear this. He was a wonderful person :cry:

2 Likes