I would like to learn how to use KM more often.
However, I don’t know the meaning of the Variables, Tokens, and Conditions.
For example, there is an action called Prompt for user input and there are Tokens and Variables to choose from; I don’t know the meaning of these.
The same goes for Conditions which are found in in the If all conditions are met action; I don’t know what the conditions mean.
How about definitions on the Wiki?
Thanks for your support,
The wiki is the best place for describing all of these:
Here’s some good tutorial videos:
Thank you Peter and Dan for your timely support!
Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro
- Read the Quick Start.
- This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
- Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
- Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
- Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
- For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
- Start small, and grow your macros organically.
- Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
- Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
- Search for existing macros
- Post your questions/issues if you get stuck