Didn't the KM Editor Used to to Remember the Scroll Position?

@peternlewis I could have sworn the editor used to remember the scroll position of each macro. So when I switched from macro to macro, it would scroll down to wherever I was previously.

Am I remembering wrong? Did you remove this feature? Thanks.

It does seem to still remember the scroll position on my Mac.

1 Like

Huh. I wonder what's different?

Hey Dan,

It seems to depend upon how you select a macro.

For instance – selecting from the History button pop-up menu causes the macro name field to be selected.

Clicking between macros in the macro list pane seems to leave them in their previous state.

-Chris

Thanks. A while back I wrote a macro which I assigned to ctrl+tab, which switched back and forth between macros by "clicking" the "Modified" button (the clock icon). It also saved and restored the scroll position.

Then Peter came out with an update that saved the scroll position automatically, so I commented out the part of my macro that saved and restored the position. Now it appears that KM no longer saves the scroll position that way, so I restored my save/restore actions. No big deal.

But I had thought that he (KM) remembered the scroll position for all macros, or at least the ones in the history buttons. I guess I was wrong.

It's too bad there's no trigger for "Leaving a macro you're editing", and "Starting to edit a macro". Then I'd be all set. :slight_smile:

@peternlewis – Did you change the way this functions in Keyboard Maestro 10 vs Keyboard Maestro 9?

Possibly, there was at least one case where the name field needed to be selected.

I don't really think it should be selected via the Modified button, but that may be a side effect of the other change.

2 Likes