Disable Mouse 'back' button

I have a Razer Death Adder Elite mouse with a button that the Razer software has configured to being 'back' on browsers. I want to use the key for a macro in Chrome, but every time the macro executes, it also navigates back a page, which is very annoying.

I don't want to install the Razer software to remap the key if I can avoid doing so, as I would like to find a solution within Keyboard Maestro, if possible.

I don't quite know how the key on the mouse is mapped to backwards navigation. I thought maybe it sends a shortcut key that the browser understands to be an instruction to go 'back', so I found that cmd-left arrow and cmd-[ are shortcuts for going back, and I added those as triggers to my macro (which I saw in another post is one way of disabling/intercepting events and override them with macro behavior)--but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

I can't speak to Razer mice or software, since I have neither.
But I have used Logitech mice/software, and here is what I have found:

1. With the OLD, deprecated, LCC, change the behavior of the mouse buttons of interest, and then uninstall the LCC software.
  2. Using the latest Logitech Options software, set the mouse button of interest to output a specific keystroke. Then use that keystroke as a KM trigger to do what you want.
    • So far the new Logitech Options software is playing well with KM and all other software on my Mac.

HTH.

Thanks JMichaelTX for your input.

Looks like in the end I had to install the Razer synapse software and keep it installed, as I tried programming it on another machine with the software installed, but the buttons went to default bindings when connected back to my Mac. It's not the worst thing, but would have preferred to have less software installed.

It also appears that it is the Mouse Button 4 as such that is bound somehow to browser 'back' navigation behavior.