Disable Wacom

I have made a few macro's that involves Mouse Click Actions. But i also use a Wacom pen, and when i am holding this pen during the execution of this macro, mouse clicks fail because the Wacom overrides the "KM mouse" position. Does anyone know if the Wacom Pen can be disabled, just during this macro, in the background? It seems the Wacom driver is not Applescriptable.

Sounds like the same problem I face when I want to prevent a user from moving the mouse while my macro runs. To do that I save the position of the mouse and restore it when my macro ends.

I don't know anything about Wacom so I don't know if you can get the position of the pen.

I know how to strore a position of the mouse pointer, but the problem is that the macro is failing because the mouse click's actions fail because the Wacom position overrides the mouse position of the action. So i have to take away my WacomPen while the macro is running. But this macro involves some user mouse clicks when prompted. So what i would like to do is to disable the pen at the start of the macro and re-enable at the end, and when user action is required.

I understand what you want. I think there's a way to disable all USB HID devices in macOS. I found a page on the Apple website that talks about it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8351289

That page says there may be no way to disable specific devices unless you code it yourself.

I'm not actually sure if a Wacom tablet is an HID USB device or a non-HID USB device. I think the HI stands for Human Interface.

This is mostly beyond me but it doesn't look likely to be possible.

I don't see why the Wacom would override the macro. If the Macro says "move and click at 0,0" I don't think the Wacom device would be able to interfere because there wouldn't be enough time for it to interfere. Can you explain in more details what you are doing that would cause interference?

when a Wacom pen is floating above the tablet it is just like you constantly moving your mouse a little.

I understand. But I doubt that that could interfere with a "move mouse and click left button at 0,0" command. I'm suggesting that if you modify your program that there would be no interference. I would like to help but I don't know how your program works.

My macro involves a mouse click at ... from window's corner. It might be a place where it interferes. There are no shortcuts available for this instead. It's hard to track where the macro actually fails, because it is always correct if i put away my pen, but fails sometimes when i am holding me pen close to the tablet.

I understand. There are ways you could program this that would indeed fail, and I think there should be ways that you should be able to succeed. But I can't help since I can't see the code. Obviously you don't have to show the code. So I can't help.

I can post the macro, but i wonder if you could make it run. It its written for ProTools.
But i will. :slight_smile:Reconform from same session.kmmacros (266.0 KB)

I will look at it. I don't intend to make it run. I only intend to spot certain kinds of errors by reading it, if there are any. I'll look now.

Thanks!
There are mouse clicks at ... from windows corner and mouse clicks at found image

You write long macros and you use features that I've never known existed. Good work.

You aren't using double click. You aren't using click and drag. You aren't using Move mouse. These are the things that would cause timing problems. You aren't using them.

My guess is that the small delay between finding the image and clicking on it is where the problem lies. Your images are quite small and even if KM is taking only 0.01 seconds to find the image, there could be a slight miss on the click if the Wacom tablet is moving. The KM ability to find images is extremely fast but not instant. One way to speed up the search is not to search an entire window but just a small part of the window. I don't know if you can make that change in your code because I don't know if those images are fixed to a certain location or if it can be anywhere in the screen. You could test out this idea by seeing if the interference only exists when you move the Wacom pen faster at a certain minimum speed.

Another way to test is to keep the Wacom pen still but try moving the mouse a lot. At a certain threshold I think even the mouse would mess you up.

Any further thoughts? I'm not sure I can do more to help.

Thank you for your compliments. :slight_smile:
I can try to speed up image search by defining a region to look but, yes, they are not fixed. But even then i have doubts if that will solve the issue. If there was a way to temporary stop my wacom pen it would be easier.

I agree with your last statement. I'm not one of the elites on this website but I have a decent track record.

I gave you two quick test ideas that don't require changing code. Just see if the Mouse or the Pen don't affect your program if they are moved below a certain speed. And see if they both affect your program above a certain speed. There's no code changes required for that.

On a side issue. There's a feature you aren't using but probably should use since interference is an issue. There's an option in the Type Key action that lets you ensure that the key goes to certain application. I recommend you try using that for reliability.

I will certainly look into your suggestions Sleepy! And i appreciate your efforts.

Which option in TypeKeystroke do you mean? 33

The Send To option. Move the mouse over it.

gee... am i blind? :slight_smile:

Will make a macro to change all these! :slight_smile:

No worries.

I have another idea. Most programs have ways to use them even if there is no mouse. Is there any keyboard equivalent for the mouse commands you are using? That would certainly fix the problem.

Absolutely that would fix it. But no, i would have certainly used those instead.

You may be surprised at all the ways keyboards can be used in place of mice, but I have no choice but to believe you.

But one more thing. There's a feature in macOS that lets you use voice control instead of the mouse. Have you tried it? It lets you speak numbers to click on buttons. now if you combine that with the "type to Siri" feature, I can probably do miracles with programs that don't take keyboard commands.

MacOS goes a long way to ensure that handicapped people can use Macs without a mouse. I've used features like this to find ways to use the keyboard when I thought only the mouse was possible.