Discovering shortcuts in use

Is there an easy way to discover which keyboard shortcuts are in use anywhere?
I have a macro I use with a shortcut and sometimes it gives me the error beep. If I use it from a palette it works fine. I assume that the shortcut is in use with something else but I can't find out with what. Anyone any ideas how I can find this? Many thanks.
Pat

KeyCue ?

Thanks, I’ve tried Keycue but it won't find a specific combination, only shows you the strokes for the app you are in and the system. But it may be the only option if no-one knows of another. Cheers.

Just search for the hotkey using the symbols below:

Command (or Cmd) ⌘
Shift ⇧
Option (or Alt) ⌥
Control (or Ctrl) ⌃
Caps Lock ⇪
Fn

Eg if a Macro runs using "Control + F" just search for "⌃F"
(These are shown along the macros as well)

Hi, but search where to cover all apps and system?

All Macros (Topmost item in Groups)

Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood my original question

Returning briefly to KeyCue, my understanding is that current versions can display KM assignments, as well as system and app assignments.

I think there’s been a misunderstanding, the keystroke I’m looking for is not in KM, I know all the ones I have there. It must be in use by another application.

Hey Pat,

The simple answer is nyet.

There are too many apps that set keyboard shortcuts and too many methods of doing so.

There is currently no app or scripting method that can discover every possible keyboard shortcut on macOS.

Unfortunately.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris

Actually, that narrows it down considerably.
When the KM hotkey fails, and you get the error beep, then:

1. Take Note of all open apps
  2. Review the KM Logs:
    • GoTo menu Help > Open Logs Folder, or just open this file:
      ~/Library/Logs/Keyboard Maestro/Engine.log
  3. If you have KeyQue, then open in each open app to see if you can find the shortcut
    • At the bottom of KeyQue you can click in the search box, and enter the letter of the shortcut

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Hey Pat,

You don't tell us whether this is a global or app-specific macro.

We need to know:

Keyboard Maestro Version.
System Version.
What software-context you're running the macro from.
Is the macro always active?

Paste Keyboard Maestro Version and the macOS System Version Automagically

You may want to peruse the troubleshooting section of the wiki.

You can also use the Assistance (wizard) in the Keyboard Maestro Editor Help menu.

If you can make a video of this happening and post it on YouTube, so we can actually see the process it might help.

There's quite a lot you can do to track this problem down, but we need more information than you've provided in order to give intelligent advice.

-Chris

This will get you part of the way there: https://www.danrodney.com/mac/

It contains shortcuts for the Mac system and many of the built-in Apple programs on the Mac. I've been looking for the all-in-one cheatsheet that you seek since the 1980s, and have never found it yet. If I do, I'll pass it along.