Display Results in Window where "Results" is HTML?

I have a few instances where I would like to be able to "style" the text of the output, and the easiest way would be HTML (think of, say, a list of words with some words or some letters in some words highlighted a specific color).

As far as I am aware. there is no way to do that in Keyboard Maestro, as the "Display Results in a Window" and "Display Text in Window" options both seem to just display straight text without any formatting.

Is there another option or another way of doing this that I might not have thought of?

(If you are familiar with iOS, you'll know that some apps have the ability to show what amounts to a web page without sending you to Safari. I think it's called SafariWebView or something like that but I might be mistaken about the name.)

Actually Display Text in Window action "displays plain text, rich text, and/or images". I use it often with rich text and it works well.

Here's an example:

It even has a Ruler you can display to set tabs, styles, list formats, etc:

In the KM Editor menu, see Edit > Format > Font and Edit > Format > Text

2 Likes

ha! Awesome tip on the Display Text in Window action. Didn't know it can do images! Really cool, i fiddled with the custom html prompt yesterday (thx for the tip there!) but for many simple things this could work great!

best

Z

I've used Custom HTML Prompt extensively (Literary Toolbox, etc.) for just such output. At heart, it simply presents a window in which you can display HTML, no prompt actually required.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! I had a strong suspicion that I might be overlooking something, and now I have a few things to try out.