Display Text in a Window – Without Wrapping?

I feel like this should be obvious somehow, but is there some way to use "Display Text in a Window" without having it wrap?

I don't mean wrapping to the visible window. I mean just wrapping long lines. Example:

It is wrapping the UUIDs to a new line, if the line is greater than a certain width. I don't want it to do this. Anyone know how to change this bejavior?

Hi Dan - the only wrapping I see on my display text actions is to the visible window. It looks to me like you've got actual newlines present. Have you checked by copy/pasting the content into a text editor?

PS - that's an intriguing thread title!!

1 Like

Fixed the title - thanks! The problem has to do with embedded tabs, which I wouldn't have figured out without your help. Thanks!

1 Like

This is evidently a bug in Apple's Text Display Widget, because it affects apps other than Keyboard Maestro as well.

I believe @peternlewis has mentioned the same (somewhere).

-Chris

1 Like

Thanks. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, I checked, and wrapping for me is fine, so it is presumably specific to your text somehow, and the behaviour of NSTextViews and tabs. I doubt I can do anything, but if you include the actual example text that is wrapping I can take a look.

Thanks, Peter. It's good to have that confirmed. You don't need to do anything else - it's not that important to me, I just wanted to solve a puzzle. You know how that works. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like