Drag and drop from LaunchBar

Hi,

I am trying to set a keyboard shortcut to drag the currently visible item in LaunchBar (a file, for example) to the active window.

Background: https://twitter.com/srikat/status/891855253259264000

I've tried the following but does not work:

Any suggestions?

Can you give us a few more parameters, and perhaps an example of how you are using this? Is simply copying the item selected in Launchbar and pasting it at the current insertion point not adequate (e.g.: Trigger LB, Copy, Escape, Paste — all by Type a Keystroke Actions in KM)?

Note that in your example the Front Window will likely be the LB bezel. I’m not sure of the terminology or the function, but triggering LB by its hotkey does not make LB the active application, which is why I suggest getting the currently selected item in LB that way. If your “LaunchBar Group” in KM is set to work only when LB is active, then the macro won’t work the way you intend (afaik). Have you tried your macro with it in your “Global Macro Group”?

Note, too, that a better way to show/share macros here is to select all the Actions, right-click one of them, “Copy as Image”, and paste into the forum message editor. You can also use the built-in functions available via the OS “Share” icon in the KM toolbar.

Sure.

I am going to use this for uploading images to WordPress editor. The way I currently do it is: position the cursor in the WordPress editor where I'd like to insert an image, press cmd + space to bring up LaunchBar, browse to the screenshot image, then drag and drop (can be dropped anywhere in the editor) and the image gets uploaded.

screenshot

Is simply copying the item selected in Launchbar and pasting it at the current insertion point not adequate

No. I just tried this and it results in image path being pasted.

but triggering LB by its hotkey does not make LB the active application..

If your "LaunchBar Group" in KM is set to work only when LB is active, then the macro won't work the way you intend (afaik). Have you tried your macro with it in your "Global Macro Group"?

Right. At the moment, the group is not restricted to LaunchBar and the keyboard shortcut I am using (while trying to figure this out) is also pretty generic (Cmd + Shift + D).

Just to confirm, you copied using the OS key-chord "⌘c" and not with the KM Action "Copy"?
Can you try it in Safari?
Can you try it in an app that is not a Web Browser?