Drag and drop not quite working

Hello, one and all,

I’m a long-time user of KM but new to the forum. Hopefully, someone can help solve a drag and drop problem I have.

In Adobe InDesign, there is a palette called CC Libraries (sod’s law it can’t be scripted). It’s a list of icons, which if you click on one, hold down the alt key and drag it to your document, it places the item for you.

It’s similar to duplicating a folder in the finder: clicking and holding on a folder icon, pressing the alt key so a + appears, then dragging the folder to another area to duplicate it.

The macro does the following:

Open CC Library palette (panel)
Move cursor to Search bar in palette
Click cursor
Type “dl1”
(ICON for dl1 now appears)
Move cursor over the icon for “dl1”
Click with alt - drag to centre of screen
Click cursor

When running the macro it seems to work but it’s as if the alt-press with click and drag doesn’t engage properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT....

If I have an InDesign file open with a picture frame in the correct place and run this macro, it will alt-drag it over to the centre and makes a duplicate.

However, as soon as I try and apply this macro to drag the icon ("dl1") in the CC Libraries palette, it fails. The cursor moves correctly but the item isn't placed.
Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 11.37.47

Almost fixed it.

With a small shift of the cursor before the bigger shift to the centre of the screen, it engages the correct response from InDesign.

So close yet so far.

All I now need to do is have the mouse click with the alt key still engaged, and that will get InDesign to place the icon in the exact position relative to the artboard (this doesn't need scripting, it's a feature within InDesign).

It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get it to click the mouse again, without it somehow turning that alt modifier off.

The workaround of course is to let the macro do its thing and press alt-click manually: but it kinda defeats the object of trying to automate it.

Done: