"Drag to" not working after Mojave update

I had a simple macro that would:

1. Simulate keystroke: space (to preview file)
  2. Siimulate keystroke: ⇧⌃⌘4 (enable screenshot and save to clipboard)
  3. Move and Click and Drag an area relative to found image (take screenshot of part of the open quick look window)

After updating to Mojave, the "Drag" part of "Click and Drag" no longer works. If I remove the simulate keystroke action prior to the click and drag action, the drag part works.

I've tried:

• Toggling the accessibility permissions for Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine and restarting.
  • tccutil reset Accessibility
  • Deleting KM and downloading a fresh copy

Can anyone give me a suggestion on a new way to do this? Using the Screen Capture action doesn't work for what I need, because the quick look window opens in different spots on the screen. Space bar after screenshot keystroke to select the quicklook window doesn't work either, because it leaves large margins around the screenshot.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

Yes, it appears the screen capture system cannot see the simulated mouse drag.

You will need to find another way to capture the screen (such as using the Screen Capture action).

Thank you for the suggestion. Using the Screen Capture action doesn't work for what I need, because the quick look window opens in different spots on the screen.

If the mouse click and drag works, then you can also do a screen capture.

The screen capture can capture an area, and the area can be based on the MOUSEX/Y functions etc.

1 Like

I had no idea those were options you could use in the coordinates. Thank you!

1 Like

Just to clarify: Does the Keyboard Maestro action "Move and Click and Drag" work with Mojave?
Thanks.

It works as long as the previous action isn't "Simulate keystroke: ⇧⌘4" or "Simulate keystroke: ⇧⌃⌘4" (the screenshot keyboard shortcuts)

Yes, you can use functions and formula in almost all of the numeric fields in Keyboard Maestro.

Hi, how do I save the saved screen captures to my screenshot folder?