E-Mails to Me From the Keyboard Maestro Forum Have Stopped Due To Bouncing

Hello admins!

I have e-mail notifictionss turned on for the forum. It helps me stay connected.

The e-mails have been utterly reliable, until yesterday.

Today, I got this message from the server:

Is your email address correct?

We’re sorry, but we’re having trouble reaching you via email. Our last few emails to you have all bounced back as undeliverable.

Can you make sure your email address is valid and working? You may also wish to add our email address to your address book / contact list to improve deliverability.

My e-mail address is valid (I am getting messages from other sources). But the Keyboard Maestro forum e-mails are not coming in now.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Jim

I am not an admin here, so I'm not sure how I can see your post, but I have an idea to test whether it really is the KM website or if it might be something else, like a mail server between KM and you that's failing to deliver email.

When you said "(I am getting messages from other sources)" that could be misleading because most people have their email client set up to receive emails from different email addresses. So to resolve this, you could check which email address the KM server was using to email you (eg, check what address the previous emails from this site were sending to), and find someone who can send you a test email to that account. I'm not sure if it would be wise to give us your email address on this forum, because that probably should remain private.

I'm not an admin nor a wizard on this site. I'm just an average guy here who wants to help you figure it out for yourself.

1 Like

@ccstone @peternlewis I can see in the "Action Logs" that the system has suspended sending emails to @Jim , but I don't know how to see why, nor do I know what to do about it.

I figure one of you guys must know what's going on.

1 Like

Hmm...

Apparently @Jim's email address bounced a whole lot, and the server turned it off.

Jim – If it was me I'd have changed my email address to one of my spares and then changed it back again – although I can't guarantee that would reset the first address.

I'm ticked off about this, because although I'm an Admin I cannot even see his email address – nor can I reset the no-mail flag.

The log item does not describe the reason he was flagged either. Without Jim's description there's no way to tell.

Presumably Peter has more access and can see these things, but this is stuff a normal admin should be able to deal with...

It's only about 08:00 in Peter's neck of the woods right now (18:11 CST for me), so I reckon he'll see this pretty soon.

-Chris

@peternlewis?

1 Like

Thanks all!

I just changed my e-mail to see if that helps. I'll reply in a bit if messages come through.

And my post above this just came as an e-mail.

Will try changing back to my previous address now., see if Chris' solution works.

It would appear that changing it back does not reset the first address.

I'll wait for Peter, as I prefer the first address, and being Gmail, it should not be prone to bouncing a lot.

Update—it took some extra time, but my above post came through to my first address.

So, it looks like Chris' solution does work if you are patient. :slight_smile:

Thanks again all!

1 Like

There are two mailing_list bounce messages for you:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

*****@gmail.com
host alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.250.152.26]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550-5.7.1 [45.55.11.127 12] Our system has detected that this message is
550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.1 Why has Gmail blocked my messages? - Gmail Help
550 5.7.1 for more information. ****.149 - gsmtp

So basically, complain to google/gmail, it is refusing to accept the mailing_list emails.

There were a bunch of them from 2 days ago, gmail addresses, but none in the last 17+ hours, so maybe gmail relented?

2 Likes

Odd, as I have been using the same address since I joined the forum.

If it happens again, I will contact Gmail.

Thanks again!

I think gmail just decided that email from the server, or email from the forum, was unsolicited. Seems like it has cleared up now, hopefully.

2 Likes