ElGato XL and KM 9

Hello all,

I am interested in getting an Elgato Streamdeck XL. Currently using the SW version on my phone. I can't figure out how to use the keys to trigger KM macros. I am sure it is a simple step I am missing. Any advice. If I can get it to work I will be investing in a HW version os the Streamdeck.

Thanks

Use the USB Device Key trigger. Some descriptions are at the Stream Deck wiki page.

I'm not sure about the software version, I imagine it works the same.

Thank you Peter...

Now I figured how to connect the SW version to KM9, I can not get it to run some of the macros. I installed the Elgato Automation plug in the Elgato deck SW. I can create and click a button in the Elgato Deck app and it is recognized in the KM9 as a USB key. But it doesn't run the macro. The Macro Group and the Macro is enabled in KM. What do you think could be the issue?

I have a sample screenshot here:

Hope this helps.

Can the Elgato Streamdeck XL buttons run hotkeys?
If so, u make KM do something when an hotkey is pressed AND make Streamdeck run the SAME hotkey when you press a button.

Yes, it should work using the Keyboard Maestro Stream Deck plugin and the USB Device Key trigger.

I'm not really sure what you mean, but a macro can have two (or more) triggers, and you can use a Hot Key trigger as well as the USB Device Key StreamDeck trigger in the same macro.