Email meeting reminders to others using GCal with Apple Calendar?

I’m a noob, and I can only think of one case whether my recent purchase of KM would be worthwhile. I use Google Calendar in my Apple Calendar application on OS X. When I create a meeting in the Apple calendar app, I also invite people. A half hour before the event, I get a reminder; however, others don’t (unless, I guess they use a gmail address with proper configuration settings.)

How can I use KM so that when I get a reminder for the meeting, the person whose email is embedded in the calendar event (the invite) is also notified, regardless of whether they use gmail or google calendar?

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Hey Christopher,

Apple’s Calendar.app is pretty pitiful these days. It no longer has the direct ability to run AppleScripts for instance.

However – you can set an alert to open a file – thus you can open an AppleScript applet. So you can do something like this to get the email addresses for the attendees of your event:

tell application "Calendar"
   tell calendar "Work - iCloud"
      set today to current date
      set today's time to 0
      copy (today + days) to tomorrow
      set theEvent to first event whose start date ≥ today and end date ≤ tomorrow and summary = "test event"
      set emailAddressList to theEvent's attendees's email
   end tell
end tell

From there you can send reminder emails via more AppleScript.

But this is not like pushing out reminders that will just go where they need to go.

This sort of thing can be very complicated.

-Chris