Engine is translocated in 8.0

I just ugraded to version 8.0; I unzipped the download, then ued the Finder to drag the .app to my /Applications folder. In Activity Viewer, KM shows up as not translocated (based on the application name), but KM Engine still shows as translocated:

/private/var/folders/52/v0dcvqmd0gn5pk24s88jrj780000gn/T/AppTranslocation/49A7EB16-DBE8-4BF3-9D70-49A0C0E3777F/d/Keyboard Maestro Engine.app/Contents/MacOS/Keyboard Maestro Engine

When I click the KM menu bar icon, it says that App Translocation is Enabled.

I believe it is starting correctly on this system, but despite starting correctly, I cannot open the KM editor from the Menu bar menu. I have to double click the app in /Applications to get to the editor.

Ideas?

The following errors are written to the log when I attempt to open the editor from the menu:

default	02:00:33.374459 -0700	Keyboard Maestro Engine	Assertion Failed: [[result lastPathComponent] isEqualToString:@"MacOS"],  file: /Users/peter/Keyboard Maestro/Project/Source/Utility/ApplicationURLs.mm:39, value: 0
default	02:00:33.374564 -0700	Keyboard Maestro Engine	Assertion Failed: kmurl,  file: /Users/peter/Keyboard Maestro/Project/Source/Utility/ApplicationURLs.mm:62, value: 0

My username on the system is not peter

App Translocation Security is dicussed in the Troubleshooting page on the wiki.

In 8.0, the Keyboard Maestro Engine is moved into its proper place in the Keyboard Maestro.app bundle, and I’m starting to wonder if this means that Apple is even worse at turning off App Translocation, which it is meant to do when you move the app with the Finder.

I suggest you launch Terminal and run the command:

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "/Applications/Keyboard Maestro.app"

(presuming Keyboard Maestro.app is in the /Applications folder).

Keyboard Maestro should be detecting that it is translocated - is it not?

The assertions are simply referencing the location in code that is complaining about the engine not being inside the editor.

1 Like

Thank you, Peter. That did the trick. Not sure how I missed the xattr step the first time through that page.

Thank you thank you! Been having this issue for months, and couldn’t figure out why KM would never launch at startup. I even completely deleted the app and reinstalled it this morning, still the same App Translocation error message. Your Terminal command did the trick instantly. (running OS X 10.13.3)

Thanks, I had the same issue in Catalina. The xattr command worked!