Hi, I'm trying to know how to rank items depending on their position.
I have 3 persons:
Alice, Bob, and Charlie
I have a list of 15 items to rank:
- Apple - Avocado - Bar of chocolate - Cinnamon roll - Deli sandwhich - Eggo Waffles - Fried chicken - Fruit cocktail - Grapes - Hash brown potatoes - Hamburger - Honey - Hot dog - Hot sauce - Hummus
Each person was asked to rank their preferred item, from top to bottom. The top being the one they like the most, and at the bottom the one they like the least.
So, Alice ranked her list like this:
- Fried chicken - Hummus - Eggo Waffles - Hamburger - Hot dog - Bar of chocolate - Cinnamon roll - Deli sandwich - Hot sauce - Hash brown potatoes - Apple - Avocado - Grapes - Honey - Fruit cocktail
Bob ranked list is:
- Grapes - Fried chicken - Hummus - Avocado - Apple - Honey - Bar of chocolate - Cinnamon roll - Deli sandwich - Eggo Waffles - Hash brown potatoes - Hamburger - Hot dog - Hot sauce - Fruit cocktail
And Charlie's list was ranked as the following:
- Fried chicken - Hummus - Honey - Eggo Waffles - Cinnamon roll - Hamburger - Avocado - Bar of chocolate - Hash brown potatoes - Deli sandwich - Hot dog - Grapes - Hot sauce - Apple - Fruit cocktail
In this example, Fried Chicken was clearly preferred,
- ranking 1st for Alice
- ranked 2nd for Bob
- ranked 1st for Charlie
How can I know, for each item, how preferred it was?
Example of desired output:
- Fried Chicken: 1st position - Hummus: 2nd position - Fruit cocktail: 15th position - etc.
Thought about adding a number next to each item in each list. 15 points to the one at the top, 1 point to the one at the bottom of the list.
Alice's list would look like this after I add points next to it:
- Fried chicken (15 points) - Hummus (14 points) - Eggo Waffles (13 points) - Hamburger (12 points) - Hot dog (11 points) - Bar of chocolate (10 points) - Cinnamon roll (9 points) - Deli sandwich (8 points) - Hot sauce (7 points) - Hash brown potatoes (6 points) - Apple (5 points) - Avocado (4 points) - Grapes (3 points) - Honey (2 points) - Fruit cocktail (1 point)
Another example of desired output:
- Fried Chicken: 1st position, 44 points (15+14+15) - Hummus: 2nd position, 41 points (14+13+14) - Fruit cocktail: 15th position, 3 points (1+1+1) - etc
But since there are a lot of persons to check, thought about how could I automate this with KM and Excel.
Searched StackOverflow and Google but had no luck.