Execute Macro: missing "With Parameter" and "Asyncronously"

(Using KM 8.1.1)

In the docs there is the option to set the "With Parameter" and "Asynchronously" options of the Execute Macro action, but these options are missing in my case.

Is this a bug or I'm missing something? Thanks!

I don't think it is a bug, but it is hard to tell at this point.

Here is what I get when I insert the Execute Macro Action:

I'm running Keyboard Maestro 8.1.1 (8.1.1) on macOS 10.12.6.

Perhaps you can try this with a new Macro just to test, and let us know what happens.

I see what JMichael sees with KM 8.1.1
Are you sure you are using KM 8.1.1?
Note: Your Action seems to be Execute Macro
I do not even see that as an option. I only see Execute a Macro (the “a” as intervening word)

When you first create the Execute a Macro action, it appears like this:

However, if you leave those extra checkboxes unset, to reduce clutter, they are not shown in the future, so the action looks like this:

But because the gear menu is coloured blue, you can tell there are action-specific options available:

Thank you Peter for the quick response! That of course fixed it.
Also, I just wanted to mention I’m a huge fan of KM and very much appreciate the work you’re doing.

<soapbox ON>
I get your point, Peter, but I have to say that one man's clutter is another man's key info. :wink:

I really dislike the trend in UI design (in general, not KM) over the last 2-3 years that puts an extremely high premium on reducing clutter.
</soapbox OFF>

Just sayin' -- no big deal.

In general, I find the balance of showing vs hiding info in KM is about right.

I don't disagree with you at all. This case is an edge case, but since most Execute Macro actions are not asynchronous, and probably most do not have parameters, its a tradeoff I made here. And the blue int he gear is explicitly to try to mitigate the fact that the options are otherwise hidden.

Complexity within actions is always an ongoing challenge, and the gear menu allows me to easily add less-frequently-need options without extra default clutter.

2 Likes