Expanding default value

I am not sure if this is possible, but can we expand the default value in this prompt.

For example, if I choose sentence 1 - it would write down on the end script the exact words that I want it to be.

Can you help me with what prompt should I be doing?

Hi - I'm not absolutely sure what you want to achieve from your question, but I'm guessing you want the choice of one of the "Sentence"s to generate some boilerplate-like text that can then be used later in the macro.

So what I've done is create an example macro for you using your Prompt for User Input action as a starting point. The main features of this example are:

1. I've used only local variables (variable with names beginning Local) to avoid unwanted interactions with other macros.
  2. I've split out your list of dates into a separate variable as it's much easier to read and maintain that way (yellow action)
  3. I've modified your original Prompt action (coloured orange) so it shows "friendly" prompts in place of "Sentence 1", "Sentence 2", etc.
  4. I included a Switch action (aqua) to handle processing of the choice of Sentence
  5. Within that Switch each red action creates the boilerplate text using what's been chosen/typed into the Prompt action.
  6. Finally, the magenta action displays the result of the macro.

Since this is an example and I'm doing a bit of guessing as to what you're actually trying to achieve, you'll need to modify it and take ideas from it to suit your needs. At the very least I hope it points you in the right direction!

Let us know how you get on!

Download Macro(s): Test Boilerplate.kmmacros (7.3 KB)

Macro-Image

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.
System Information
  • macOS 10.14.6
  • Keyboard Maestro v10.2
1 Like

Thank you so much for this information. I am having a hard time explaining it but I feel like you got what I meant. I'll let you know on how I go :slight_smile: Again, thank you!

1 Like