Exporting files to a specific folder

Hey folks. I've got an idea for a macro I'd like to try, but haven't quite figured out how to pull it off. When I'm working on a project (in my case, I do film scoring, so each project is movie), I have the same folder hierarchy set up everytime, just with the current project name at the top. When I've finished my individual music cues in Digital Performer, I export those files to an Mixes folder that then gets sent to the places it needs to go.

For each movie it's always the same place, so I'm wondering if there's a way to A: set that folder location as a recallable destination (maybe by tagging it as CurrentMixes or something clever like that?), and then B: be able to call that as a destination within DP when getting the Export Files dialogue popup. It's the same type of dialogue box as a Save As..., I'm just not sure what the correct name for that is. It seems like it should be possible somehow, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

you could use %FinderInsertionLocation%

found this thread with an example:

Hey thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure that's going to do what I need it to. What I'm looking for is to be able to trigger a macro that exports Mixes to the Mixes folder, and another one that exports Stems to the Stems folder. When I go to export it gives me the usual file export where-do-you-want-to-put-it dialogue box, much like a Save As box, so it's really just figuring out how to get a stored file path accessible in there.

Actually we don't have enough information to help you. Since I don't use Digital Performer.
Does the Export As window looks like this:

This is Export As PDF window of TextEdit.
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 12.53.42
1st you need to change thePath to where you want to Export Files to on your machine!!!
2nd you need to open the Export As window with Show Menu macro(in KM)
3nd use AppleScript to input the path to Export As window
You can open a text file in TextEdit APP, then test my macro. Let me know if it helps.
ANSWER TextEdit Export As PDF v0_Backup_20200324_1301_v0.kmmacros (4.8 KB)

Hi Yu, thanks for the advice, it looks like that might be promising. I’ll have a chance to give it a shot tomorrow morning, I’ll let you know if it works.