External keyboard "insert" key not detected

Hi, I have just discovered and bought keyboardmaestro today and I’m pretty impressed. [edit - actually yesterday since apparently you can’t post on day one]

However, I am using a Logitech K850 bluetooth keyboard, and the [insert] key is not recognised when pressed.

So if I create a hot key trigger, when i press [insert] nothing shows up in the editor. It doesn’t know a key is being pressed.

My suspicion is that the logitech driver doesn’t send a code across, but I am hoping i’m wrong and there is a solution.

I’ve tried changing default OSX key bindings but to no effect as far as insert is concerned.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

V.

Welcome aboard (both Keyboard Maestro and the forum).

Don’t install the Logitech Control Center software (search the forum for reasons why).

Try using a USB Device Key trigger to see if it can detect the Insert key pressed.

@Valdacious, Peter's advice is generally correct. I have a Logitech K750, and found that the Logitech Control Center (LCC) was generating random presses of the "q" key. So, I had to uninstall the LCC.

However, all keys may not be properly recognized without the LCC software. In particular, I found that I could not change the Mac System Preference for using the Function Keys as normal keys, instead of the special Apple functions.

But I did find a workaround:

1. Install the LCC
  • Make any keyboard changes you want in Mac System Prefs
  • Uninstall the LCC
  • Restart your Mac

You may find that you have to repeat this process every few weeks, whenever you notice the KB is no longer responding as it should.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

1 Like