Feature Req.: "Deselect Action(s)"

###Feature Request:

• Add a Deselect Action(s) option to the Actions menu.

Use Case:

• I’ll frequently want to Try an action (or multi-selected actions).
  • After I’ve tried them, I want to deselect them. (So I don’t accidentally do something to them.)
  • But it’s currently not possible to deselect an action(s) without first selecting Stop Editing Macros and then Start Editing Macros. (Or is it??)
  • Deselect Action(s) would allow this via a keyboard shortcut and without starting/stoping editing sessions.

I believe what you’d like is hidden under the Edit menu. If you hold the Option key and select the Edit menu, you’ll see Deselect All as a menu item (keyboard shortcut: Command-Option-A).

Son of a...

I had a feeling "Deselect All" was a default system behavior. But for some dumb reason, I didn't try OPTION-command-a.

Thanks NaOH!

Glad I found this topic, as I encountered this issue today and was rather confused.

Although there's a hidden menu command, it also seems reasonable that simply clicking in the margins outside or below the list of actions would deselect any selected actions. That's a reasonable expectation based upon macOS conventions.

Dear developer, please consider this enhancement. Thanks!

1 Like

The other option for deselecting actions is to Command-Click on those which are selected.

Thank you.

I wasn't aware of the keyboard shortcut, so that's a great find! What I had been doing is just clicking a non-selected action (which unselects the others and selects that one), then Command-clicking it. But the keyboard shortcut is the way to go from now on.

-rob.