Feature Request -- Double-Click to Resize Keyboard Maestro Editor Panels

Hey Peter (@peternlewis),

Many applications support double-clicking the panel border to resize a panel to fit its contents.

The Finder in List-View for instance.

Script Debugger's Result & Variables tab.

Would it be possible to do this in the Keyboard Maestro Editor?

Double-clicking in the indicated borders would resize the panel on the left to fit its contents.

I find this feature very useful where it is available.

-Chris

1 Like

Hey Peter (@peternlewis),

Just to add some historical context.

-Chris

Subject: Re: Keyboard Maestro 7 Feature Request — Columns Adjust to Width
     Date: Aug 09, 2015 at 22:29:13 CDT
         To: Christopher Stone <chris@somedomain.com>

On 9 Aug 2015, at 01:51, Christopher Stone <km@thestoneforge.com> wrote:

I for one would really appreciate it if you could implement Adjust-to-Width for the textual columns in Keyboard Maestro.

In the Finder as you know you can double-click the column divider and the column will adjust its width to accommodate the longest file/folder name.

It would be really nice if Keyboard Maestro would do this.

It would be even more nice if that could be automated.

In Mavericks I had a Keyboard Maestro macro that would do this using System Events.

In Yosemite Apple changed things, and to make it work again requires some major under-the-hood changes to calculate the double-click location. I have not taken the time yet to fix it, but I will soon — because it's something I use all the time.

Normally in Keyboard Maestro I have fixed the width of the columns to my taste, but sometimes when I resize the editor all that breaks — and I have to fix it.

Being able to script the width of those columns wouldn't piss me off either. :wink:

Noted.
Peter.

That's not even 4 years ago - give me a chance. Sheesh!

I almost did this, since I wanted it for documentation window capture setup. But sadly for you I just hacked something instead.

4 Likes