Feature Request: Palette With Icons Only - Show Hints

If I have a palette showing only icons, it would be nice if I hover the mouse over an icon, I get a popup hint of the macro's name.

This is on the todo list.

1 Like

Hey Peter - Any chance this could get implemented in the next version? I think I've been quite patient - 5 years is pretty good, isn't it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Just a little levity - I'm not really complaining. Then again, I guess I am, aren't I? Does it count if I'm smiling while I do it?)

I can't imagine it's terribly difficult, and without it, we have to rely on questionable icons. If you do implement it, please strip out the palette order numbers from the macro names, i.e. 01), etc.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I'll check. The problem is that tooltips do not always work very well, but they should probably work OK for this. It may end up needing a preference though, and that will be discouraging.

KM_Palettes gives you the equivalent of this functionality :slight_smile: Of course you have to deal with using a third-party product.

http://bearboat.net/KM_Palettes/KM_Palette.html

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

OK, I actually added this feature long ago, but unfortunately the system does not show them when the app is in the background (which Keyboard Maestro almost always is), unless you separately tell it to, which I have done for the next version.

So unless it proves to be overly annoying, this is done for the next version.

1 Like

Awesome - you da man!

Make it optional if people don't like it, but don't remove it, I beg of you. :smile:

How do you enable these tooltips?

They are automatically enabled when you set the Palette Style to not show text.

2 Likes