Filter

I have a macro "Filter System Clipboard with Remove Styles" but it's not working on Google Spreadsheets. For example, I want to copy a cell that has a yellow fill color and paste it into another cell but when I use the macro, it doesn't work. It keeps pasting with the yellow.

I have been troubleshooting this for about 30 mins and can't figure out why it's not working.

I've tried changing the shortcut thinking that perhaps it's conflicting with an existing Google Spreadsheet shortcut but that's not the case because I also tested it without a shortcut (i.e., selecting the macro from the status menu) but it still doesn't work.

Any encountering this?

Thanks.

You should be able to see in the Keyboard Maestro clipboard history whether the action has taken place and the text has been filtered to remove styles.

If you copy something from, say BBEdit, or from the text within a renaming in Finder (ie, select a file, then go in to rename mode, then copy the text there, which will ensure it has not styles), and paste it in, does it avoid the yellow color - it may be that the yellow is actually in the cell already and the plain text is picking it up.