Fixing a simple text macro

I use a lot of dates when working, and I have about two dozen macros that enter dates automatically, some as far as 7 days past or in advance. Some of these are entering long dates like Sunday, June 20, 2021. The macro is set up to type: %ICUDateTime%EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy%

I have used these macros for years with no issues whatever. But lately, on only one of my Macs here, running Mojave, I am getting misplaced characters like: Sunay, June 2d0, 2021
I tried to find a way to slow the typing down (I remembered I used to have this option in QuicKeys years ago), but couldn't locate any reference.
Nothing on this Mac has changed. The anomaly just started in the past few weeks. I know I could paste the command, but seeing as how it's always worked in the past, I'd like to get to the bottom of this issue.


J D Thomas

Why don’t you try insert by pasting instead of typing? I usually use typing for triggering some commands that are not listed in the menu but have keyboard shortcuts. For inserting texts, insert by pasting is usually a better choice. It is also much faster and more reliable for long texts.

As I said in my original message, I know this is an option. But I am trying to solve what used to work and now doesn't. And only on one machine here. On my MacBook Pro, the same macro works perfectly.

Ah. I'm sorry. I missed that in my initial reading.

There was a similar post here:

Have you tried putting some normal plain texts instead of text tokens/variables?

Hey JD,

The usual questions apply:

  1. Have you rebooted?
  2. What changed on your system around the time the macros started acting up.

You can play around with the timing to see if that affects the outcome:

Keyboard Maestro Actions.kmactions (772 B)


Please post an actual macro that is behaving in this manner.

See How to upload your macro. Instructions for uploading to an existing post are just below the main instruction.
You may also find this Macro useful: MACRO: Upload KM Macro to New or Existing Topic @KM [Pub]

See Set Simulate Normal Keystroke Delay Action.

Clearly something has changed to cause this change in behavior.

See Troubleshooting -- KM Wiki.

Thank you Chris. Exactly what I was looking for! A 0.015 second delay fixed the issue.