Focused Window trigger not working in Finder

...or more specifically, when navigating in new Finder windows. To demonstrate, I set up a Display Text Large action to show %FrontWindowName%, triggered by Focused Window title changes.

Notice that when I select the desktop folders, KM doesn't detect the window title changes until I switch focus away from Finder and then back to it. Has anyone else experienced this?

ScreenFlow

@peternlewis, is this expected behaviour?

Nope, it is not the expected behaviour.

Whether it is a bug in Keyboard Maestro or the Finder, I'm not sure. I tried the same test in the Keyboard Maestro editor, but it works fine there when the new editor window is created and then as the title changed.

I will note it down to take a look and see if there is an issue I can resolve or the issue is with some problem in the Finder (which does have some weird activation cases).

3 Likes

@peternlewis In case it's helpful, here's what I'm trying to trigger in the example video.

Group Settings

Macro Screenshot

macOS 10.15.7
Keyboard Maestro v10.0.2

Hey Peter,

This works fine on macOS Mojave with Keyboard Maestro 10.0.2.

-Chris

1 Like

I looked further in to this, and it appears to be a bug in the Finder’s accessibility. After initially creating the window, the Finder says that the focussed window changes to the new window, and then immediately says the focussed window changes to nothing. So Keyboard Maestro reports that and then cannot monitor the window for further changes so nothing further is reported until later.

1 Like