Forward an Email and add a Flag?

Hi, I'm new to KM. I thought it would be simple to create the following Macro, but I'm not finding any of the pieces built-in to the available Actions. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Basically, most of my tasks from clients come via email, and I use Omnifocus to keep track of them. So quite often, I am forwarding an email (I use Mail) to Omnifocus and then flagging the email. Simple, no?

I tried using the Quick Macro, and it would get as far as beginning to forward the selected email and then it stops. To forward, I typically type the first three letters of the OF email address, then hit Enter. My KM Macro will type the first three letters, and then freeze.

I would appreciate any guidance in how to forward an email and how to add a flag. Thanks!!

Hi Bonnie,

Here's an example macro that accomplishes the workflow you describe in my own testing. It will hopefully get you most of the way there, and ideally give you an idea of what KM can do:

Forward and Flag Email.kmmacros (4.0 KB)

Just make sure that the placeholder email address used in the Insert Text by Pasting action contains the full OF address you use for forwarding before running the macro. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Gabe, this works perfectly! (and fast)

I look forward to learning more uses for KM. I avoided this app for years because I thought it was just another Typinator. Was I ever wrong!

Bonnie

1 Like