Forward to Outlook Macro (v11.0.1)

The goal of this macro is to share PDFs with Outlook via the "Print" dialog which allows selecting Outlook by use of a button pulldown menu (see picture of the "PDF" button. This used to work but now Apple has SPLIT the button so that one needs to click on the "downward carat" right portion of the button in order to open the pulldown menu. If I ask the macro to find the "PDF" button, it simply hits the PDF which bypasses the menu straight to "save PDF" mode. If I use downward carat symbol for button to find, I get the error: fail to find button. I have also posted a picture of the pulldown menu I'm trying to access. Thanks for any insight you can provide! Bill

Forward to Outlook Macro (v11.0.1)

Forward to Outlook.kmmacros (6.6 KB)

Try adding a 'Set Between Actions Delay' action at the beginning of your macro.
Use a .2 second delay. This may help.

It may not seem like it, but the PDF menu accepts keyboard shortcuts. I have one assigned to Control-P to make it easy to save anything as a PDF:

I hit Command-P, wait for the print dialog, then hit Control-P, and I can easily save anything as a PDF.

For your needs, try setting up a global keyboard shortcut for simply Outlook, as that's the name of the item in the PDF menu. You could then use Command-P, delay, and your Outlook shortcut. Because the print dialog takes over the screen, there should only ever be that one menu item named "Outlook" active.

-rob.

This works beautifully and completely avoids pitfall of having Outlook (or other app) ordered differently in pulldown. And don't need repetitive down arrows. Thank you!

Glad to hear it works!

-rob.

Second this. I have mine set to ⌘-P, which is the same as the keyboard shortcut for Print. So I ⌘-P-P goes right to the Save As dialog. I use it a lot.

1 Like