'Get Info' for folders on multiple drives

Hello smart people,

This may well not be possible, but I thought you smarty pants might be able to suggest something.

I work in media and copy camera footage from camera cards to multiple drives. The folders that get created by our copying software is named identically to the volume name of the camera card the media came from.

Once a copy has finished, I 'Get Info' on the first folder on the card (there's only 1) and then each instance of the copy on each backup drive. Annoyingly on the drives, there are two folders for each card copied (one inside the other), both named the same, of which I need to 'Get Info' on the second one in order for the properties to match.

Is there anyway of automating any of this process? It's pretty arduous to drill into three drives each time I need to double check the size/file count.

Also just to note, each day a new 'Day Folder' gets created to back up that days media into. So the destination on the drives, where the media is stored, changes also,

I'd be very interested in hearing if anyone had any ideas.

Many thanks,
Matt

P.S. I'm VERY basic with KM.

My short answer is yes. I can automate just about anything. The longer answer is that it's really hard to give good advice here because I really can't see the process clearly in my mind. And obviously the physical part of the process that involves you sticking cards into readers is manual and cannot be automated.

There's going to have to be a lot of back and forth here where I ask you what exactly you are doing, because I can't write a macro until I see lots of details of the process. However you can save yourself a lot of back and forth if you have someone make a video of you working at your Mac going through one iteration of this process. That would answer a lot of the questions. If you aren't willing to do that this will be much more challenging.

I know it's asking a lot to make a video, but I don't think your video has to be perfect. It's not meant to answer every possible question, just to give us a better idea of what you are trying to do.

There's a video recording feature in macOS that lets you record the screen and your voice. That would almost be just as good, if you talk aloud and explain what you're doing with the camera card. But I was thinking more along the lines of an external camera.

It's up to you. But before we get into the weeds, let me ask this. Am I correct that the high level purpose of this is to ensure that the copy worked, by checking file sizes?

Probably, but we need a lot more information about your workflow, before we can give you a good suggestion.

Specifically, please post:

1. A screenshot of the FInder showing the drives that are involved.
  2. Step-by-step of the manual process you are now using.
  3. And perhaps it would be good to post what info you are using from the "Get Info", and what you do with that data. Chances are that there are other ways of getting the same info much more efficiently.

Also, Please read:
Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?