Get Macros from Time Machine backup

Hi All,

Could use some expert advice please. Had to wipe Hard Drive clean and have a full backup on Time Machine. However, the user library, which is hidden by default, I can’t seem to find/open. I’m not sure if Im missing something simple, or if this is more complicated.

I don’t want to restore everything, just the KM Macros. If someone could please tell me how to access the hidden user library folder and let me know what KM files I need so I can get get my Macros back prior to wiping Hard drive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Assuming you have reinstalled KM on your Mac AFTER you wiped it clean (if not, STOP now and do so before proceeding), the KM app data is stored in:
~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro

Open Finder, press ⌘⇧G and paste in the above path. That will open to this folder.

Macros are stored in:
Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist

in this folder.

You should now stop the KM Engine and quite the KM Editor app.
Also, select the Macros file, and press ⌘D to duplicate it as a backup.

Once you have the Finder open to this folder, and this file selected, open Time Machine and navigate to the date from which you wish to restore this macros file.

BTW, you can also open this folder from the KM Editor app:
goto menu Help > Open Preferences Folder

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for you prompt reply and willingness to always help. Very much appreciated.

I followed your instructions with limited success. Accessing file and copying from local machine works, however, when I enter time machine, the USER library is not visible and there appears no way to access. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot about dealing with hidden files/folders.
See

Ok Thanks for your help!