Get Page Title & URL from FFOX Macro (v9.2.x)

As FFOX does not provide an API why not adapt @JMichaelTX's macro for only FFOX.

This stripped-down macro for Firefox does work, but I'd like 1 - 2 simple changes:

1. At the end, I want the TITLE & URL in a dedicated Clipboard (here it would be: Serial Clipboardx0 , not the System Clipboard).

2. And maybe get rid of "AppType" and "BrowserApp" - - if this doesn't involve a deep dive into the AppleScript - otherwise let's just ignore it).

/ okn

Get Page Title & URL from FFOX.kmmacros (15 KB)

1 Like

There is no benefit to using a Named Clipboard for this use case. Just use a Global Variable instead.

IAC, here's an example Macro that does as you requested, AND it sets a Global Variable "DND__FF_Title_URL" to the same results.

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Set Named Clipboard to FireFox Page Title and URL [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2021-07-03 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Set Named Clipboard to FireFox Page Title and URL [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

3 Likes

[quote="JMichaelTX, post:2, topic:23122"]

Thank you J Michael, it's working alright! (And shows how variables can be used!!).

2 Q:

What is the "Type ⌘ F" and "Escape" for?

and why has the "Past Clipboard 0" to be deleted?

/

with best regards, Omar KN, Stockholm, Sweden

To move the focus back from the Address Bar to the body of the page.

I used the System Clipboard as a temporary means of getting the URL.
After I have set a KM Variable to the Clipboard, I want to "cleanup" and remove that Clipboard from the KM History.