Getting Calender Info

I have a great little app called icalbudy. This allows me through NerdTool to display a range of events or reminders on my desktop. Yes, I can also open my calendar and look at them but I find it nice to have some things on the desktop, your mileage may vary. I am wondering if anything like this can be done with KM? Of course I mean to paste into a daytimer document, not to put on my desktop.

When printing out my daily tasks in daytimer format it would be nice to be able to use this type idea, something that captured a predetermined date range from Apple system calendar data ), specified or excluded calendars (already used globally by all calendars I have tried).

Because this seems universal I am thinking that I could research JavaScript on the web and run that with a KM macro. But, is there an easier way already set to go in KM?

Thanks

PS: Still learning a lot about using JavaScript and, still hoping for a solution to my above question form the community. Sharing this Apple Developer link to a good vid on automating OSX with JavaScript. This URL video link ONLY WORKS WITH SAFARI: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2014-306/

Hey @levelbest,

icalbuddy is a Unix executable.

You already know how to use it, so run it from an Execute a Shell Script action in Keyboard Maestro – and output the text where you want it.

-Chris

Any idea how to get rid of the first few lines? I tried sending the results to a variable. I can search a variable for a result like “but wrong architecture” since it is the last bit of what I want to erase. But, then what? I don’t know how to act on that found result in a variable?

/CalendarFoundation: dlopen(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CalendarFoundation.framework/CalendarFoundation, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CalendarFoundation.framework/CalendarFoundation: mach-o, but wrong architecture