Getting "Preference Shared Sync Write Failed" Error

Hi... Since updating to KM 10.0, I'm getting this error: "Preference shared sync write failed." Not sure exactly what it means (that my macros aren't synced online, I imagine🙂) nor how important it is to my using KM on my Mac. Is this a common error, and how can I fix it? Sorry for being so ignorant on this issue. Thanks!

Me too, any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

That makes 3 of us

I just did a quick search of this forum for the error and this came up:

Even though the title may not sound relevant, you should read the whole thread and try the suggested solution. You never know it might work!

Keep us posted.

3 Likes

easy fix thanks tested on new m1

Fix seems to be working, but not so easy for me. When I tried to recheck the box I got the message "No available window for modal sheet save dialog". I had 3 options to choose from (don't quite remember what they were, something like quit, create new, use existing). When I chose to use the existing, I was given the Finder search dialog to find the file. When I put away that screen, Keyboard Maestro would not stop aksing me to choose an otpion, but it would not accept any of my key presses. I finally force-quite the KB Editor, and all seems OK (for now).