Getting the Results of a JSON/XML Query

It appears there was a typo in my command, so I just corrected it. And I removed the timeout option which you may not need after all.

Then I get this: 03

That's a big clue. Let me think.

Many KM actions have a timeout value that you can set in the cogwheel options. Can you check what your values are? BY default the values are usually 99 hours for actions that support this feature. I'm guessing that you edited this at some time in the past.

Here's what I'm looking for for your action:

I manually changed the number to "1" and the duration to "hundredths". That was for testing, it isn't the normal value.

No change.

Okay. When you are testing your macro, are you clicking on a containing group or on the action itself. I have to ask because you could have a timeout on a containing action.

No, I'm just activating it with the associated hotkey.

Since you have made edits to you macro since your original post above, can you please post another image of it?

If you are frustrated by the fact that I can't get your answer immediately, you can ask to wait for one of the experts and I can go back to the bench.

But please, don't feel obliged. Working out on the bench seems way more sensible. :slightly_smiling_face:I

KM has been so good to me for so many years I do feel obliged to help others. But that's okay, don't worry about that. I'm going to duplicate your macro and test it. My duplication may be erroneous because I can't see all your cogwheel options. I guess that's why they recommend uploading macros. But this may be good enough.

Wait, I'll upload it!

Get Synonyms from OpenThesaurus.de Using Curl v1.01.kmmacros (5.9 KB)

Okay.

I see an error in your macro. You have an unbalanced quote on the second line.

Wait, not exactly. Something is wrong though. Let me think. Yes, there is a missing quote.

You use variables in a way that I don't so I can't immediately advise how to fix it. Can you fix it from here?

Where is the missing quote?

The curl command has only one quote:

curl -sL --url $myQuery"

So it has the look like this, right?

curl -sL --url "$myQuery"

But it's still not working. But don't you worry, let's take some time to let it sink in. You've already done more than I can expect. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

When I add the extra quote like you did, it seems to work for me. Let me upload my working macro here. Sec...

Group.kmactions (4.8 KB)

Here's my copy with the extra quote, which gets me some results back from the server. I presume these are correct results. But I don't know how to interpret HTML very well so I'm not sure. At least we're getting data back with this one.

Make sure you check the gear menu option to include errors, so that if any errors show up they are displayed in the window.

What, specifically, is in your clipboard?

I did include errors and changed it to save results to the Temporary clipboard – which remains empty...