Google Chrome Load Bookmarks in Tabs

Does anyone have a way to emulate the behavior of Firefox's about:config "browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs: true"?

This allows me to left click on my Bookmark Bar items in a new tab with a left click (not a middle click, right click menu, etc.) The reason for this behavior is because when on a conference call (UberConference, Hangouts, etc.), I occasionally need to click on something I have bookmarked. Without thinking, I'll open it and close my call.

In normal day-to-day operation, this isn't a destructive behavior. While on a conference call, it sets me back several minutes or more.

Thoughts?

Hey Elliot,

See the Tab Activate extension for Chrome.

-Chris

Thanks for looking, CC, but unless I'm missing something, this doesn't do what I need. I want to adjust the left click behavior to be a middle click - or to otherwise open the bookmark bar items in a new tab. I haven't found a Chrome Extension that will do that - I don't think extensions actually can do that - so I looked towards Keyboard Maestro and/or BetterTouchTool.

It sure would be easy if Chrome just had a preference setting like Firefox does. Of course...it would be easier if so many things didn't otherwise work best in Chrome.

I thought this would be a simple thing --- now I want to figure it out just for the sake of figuring it out.

Hey Elliot,

You may or may not get your mouse button to work with a USB Device Key trigger.

That extension I pointed you to will always open links in tabs, although Cmd-Shift-Click will open in a background tab.

If you can get the device-key trigger working then you can play with its modifier keys and perhaps get where you want to go.

-Chris