Help Me With Macros Using Variables

Hello.

I'm studying about Keyboard Maestro, but I'm having trouble finding or translating the right examples and reading documents, so I'm asking for help like this.

I'd like to create a macro using variables, and here's an example:

1. Set the '}' button to the hot key.
  2. Specify 'control+1' to 'control+4' as variables.
  3. Press '}' to run the macro to load the variable and press the 'Control + 1' button.
  4. Press the '}' to run the macro, the next variable, press 'control + 2' button.

It may seem very simple to you, but I would appreciate it if you could take a little time to help me.

Hey @hi-keyboard,

This is indeed a simple problem – but only once you've gained sufficient knowledge of KM...

I'm just typing “1”, “2”, “3”, “4” – you can change the hotkey and keystrokes to your liking.

-Chris

Download: Serially Activate Keystrokes v1.00.kmmacros (9.3 KB)

Macro-Image

Keyboard Maestro Export

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.

System Information
  • macOS 10.14.6
  • Keyboard Maestro v10.2

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Set the '}' button to the hot key. what does that mean?

Specify 'control+1' to 'control+4' as variables what does that mean?

Press '}' to run the macro - use a Hot Key trigger with } as the hot key. But note that you will no longer be able to type the } character while the macro is active.

to load the variable and press the 'Control + 1' button what does that mean?

the next variable, press 'control + 2' button what does that mean?

I'm afraid whatever terminology you are using is unclear, I can't understand what you are trying to do.

As a general rule, it helps to outline your ultimate goal. Rather than ask how to achieve what you currently think will be a solution, tell us what your macro is actually intended to achieve. A solution will usually present itself.

3 Likes