Help with Amazon Unlimited's "Manage Your Content" window?

First off, don't judge me about the types of books I like to read. I'm a guy who likes romance novels. Get over it. :smile: Besides, if I had read some of these "erotic" novels when I was a teenager (back in the dark ages), I suspect a lot of my past girlfriends would have enjoyed what I would've learned from them. :wink:

Anyway, I digress...

I use Amazon Unlimited, which allows me to download and read a lot of books. I don't like to have them downloaded directly to my Kindle, because I like to put them in Calibre. So I have to go to the following page:



For each book I want to download, I have to click the "..." button, which presents this popup:



Then I have to click the item I've labeled "A" to download a book.

After I'm done with the book, I have to repeat the process, but this time I click the item I labeled "B", to return the book.

What I'd like to know is this: Is there a way I can automate any of this? I've been holding off learning how to automate web pages, because it just seems too complicated, but I've decided that it's time to learn.

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dan, I would expect this could be automated without too much trouble.
I’ll take a look at it and give you my thoughts, later today or tomorrow.

If the links/buttons you need to click have HTML ID tags, then it should be a snap.
If not, we can still get the job done using HTML Classes and other metadata.

Thanks. I’d really like to learn this stuff. I’ve been holding off on learning the HTML features of KM, because I didn’t really have a need up until now. So I don’t mind reading how to do things, if you could make some recommendations.

Thanks!

I managed to get this working, mostly using “Found Images”. It works fine.

You took the easy way out! :wink:
If it works, that’s all that counts.

Sorry I couldn’t get back to you sooner. Today had a lot of unexpected events.
I’ll still take a look at it when I have time, just as a learning exercise.

Well, first I looked at the XPath for one of the “…” buttons, and it was something like 300 characters long, and not easily decipherable.

So I said screw that, and had 3 separate macros up and running, using found images, in about 30 minutes. They work perfectly.

So I think I mace the right decision. :slight_smile:

If you have good, unique, high-contrast images, “Found Image” will usually work well.

As you know, “Found Image” is subject to failure:

  • On a different Mac, or different monitor
  • If the web page UI changes (as web masters are prone to do)

I do use “Found Image”, but usually only as a last resort.

Sorry, I still have not had time to look at your web page.
Hopefully, I will now, at least before Monday.

No hurry, because I’m unlikely to change what I have. However, I’d like your thoughts on how you’d do it with XPaths or whatever.

But if it looks to be too complicated, don’t worry about it. We’ll wait for another time.

Thanks!

Actually I’ll be doing it as much for me as for you.
It will continue my education on control and data extraction of web pages.

1 Like