Hide app, but preserve the current desktop/space

Hey

In macOS, when you hide an app, the last application is automatically activated. This is desirable for me, unless the last app was on another desktop/space, which results in the space being switched.
I'm struggling to find a way to prevent desktop from switching when hiding a window in those cases where the previous app was on another desktop.
Another condition we could use in my case is "app is fullscreen", as the way I use desktops is:

1. Desktop 1 with multiple windows
  2. Desktop 2-4 with full screen apps (Spotify, Bear etc.)

Any ideas on how would I harness Keyboard Maestro for this?

Kind regards
Szymon

Howdy Syzmon, welcome to the forum! As you might have already figured out, this is a great community full of people who love to help.

I’m not sure of any way that KM can detect if an app is on another Desktop (full screen), but I don't really use Desktop spaces all that much. Perhaps others who are more familiar with them know of some way to accomplish this.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, I'm really happy this community exists and looking forward to share ideas with fellow automation/optimization junkies :wink: For now I simply resorted to removing all my full screen desktops since I already have some convenient macro bindings for bringing these apps forward.