Hot Corner Triggers

I'm not sure if anyone here uses Butler, but it has a cool feature that lets you trigger an "event" (read "macro") when you mouseover or click a hot-corner.

I think this would be an incredibly useful feature for Keyboard Maestro. Mouse over Hot Corner bottom-left > type iCloud password. :smiley:

Source: Butler Help

1 Like

It is on the todo list

3 Likes

Fantastic! Looking forward to the update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1. Came here to request the same.

1 Like

with and without modifier keys if possible please, =)

1 Like

At the moment, and for lack of anything better, I'm using BetterTouchTool and its ability to receive AppleScripts for each of these 4 corners. Associated with a key (Option, Command, Control or Shift), one then has many possibilities to launch actions ...
Integrating Hot Corner in Keyboard Maestro would be a very nice comfort ...?

1 Like

Why wait... :wink:
You can use the gestures action in KM and have more than 4 corners to choose from.
Another advantage is that you don't have to move the cursor across the desktop.

Okay to have more than 4 configurations that the 4 corners available, but I find it very effective not to have to "draw" and / or click with the mouse. With the solution offered by BetterTouchTool, you just have to move the mouse pointer quickly to the corners, regardless of the foreground application and some windows below.
:wink:

1 Like

This is possible with the KM gestures even without clicking or drawing @tempo :wink:

ScreenFlow

1 Like

Any (good) news about this feature for the Keyboard Maestro community @peternlewis ?

1 Like

Not at this time.

Surprised this hasn't been implemented.

BetterTouchTool is my fav for hot corner tirggers. :crossed_fingers:that this is added to KM, as rn I'm running 4+ automation apps, always on in the background, my computer would probably be happier if just KM was running :).

1 Like

Has this been implemented by any chance? I mean "Slide to screen edge" and "Hot corners" triggers?

@Zirm While you wait .... did you see appleianer's post?

where in BTT to go:

then in triggers:
Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 12.20.48 PM

(replying here as I was googleing BTT hot corners and Google lead me back to my own post: proof of concept, so I knew it was possible. After refigureing it out, posting a reply here to help others or myself in the years future :joy:.) Perhaps hot corner triggers will be added to KM one day​:crossed_fingers:.