How Do I Get List of My Macros?

My apologies if I have overlooked the obvious, but how do I get a list of the macros I have posted in the “macro” category?

Ideally, this would be a URL that I can provide to others, as well as bookmark for my own reference.

I tried a forum search with “category:macro user:jmichaeltx”, but it returned nothing. IAC, the KM search does not provide a URL.

What am I missing?

Unfortunately, in Discourse’s search, if you search for nothing, you get noting (as expected), but if you add options, and you still search for nothing (as you are doing) you still get nothing.

A lousy but effective workaround is to search for:

category:macro user:jmichaeltx macro

Since “macro” appears in every topic in the macro category, this finds everything with the desired category and user.

Hey Michael,

Discourse’s search is pretty weak.

Try Google:

jmichaeltx site:http://forum.keyboardmaestro.com

-Chris

My thanks to both of you for your reply.
Unfortunately, both return ALL of my posts, including replies.

I am looking for a list of ONLY macros that I have posted as a new topic in the "macro" category.

Any other ideas?

Click on your icon, click on Messages. But it shows all of them, and it can’t sort by category apparently.

I’ll ask on the Discourse forum.

1 Like

The Discourse folks just added a feature to allow you to search just the posts, not replies, using "in:first" (Search just the initial topic post, excluding replies?). So it'll show up here, probably when the next Discourse update it pushed (usually within a couple months).

Thanks for the follow-up, Peter.

I am looking for a list of ONLY macros that I have posted as a new topic in the "macro" category.

You might be able to adjust something like this:

List KM macro topics originated by user.kmmacros (23.7 KB)

1 Like